Day 15 where do you see yourself in 5 years time

Most likely rocking back and forth in a corner of a padded room!

When I first qualified I knew where I wanted to be. It may be due to not realising just how many paths were available to me. I went straight into cardiothoracic nursing, and I thought I would stay forever in this speciality. I would start as a staff nurse free D then get my grade E. This is how old I am. Those grades no longer exist! I was proud to get a grade E post before we lost that senior nurse role to the AFC band 5. I would then ultimately go for a sister's post. Happy days.

As we already know, things don't always work out. We realise there's other things to learn and do. Other Trusts we can work in. No longer do we have to stay in the Trust we trained in.

I did get my band 6 eventually but not as a ward sister. It was in research and I never looked back. In 5 years time I want to get my band 7 and working towards a band 8. It may take longer than 5 years but ivevyears before I retire.

I want to improve my leadership and management skills. Learn more about research and inevitably become a principle investigator in a study and run my own studies too. In 5 years anything can happen.

Comments

Popular Posts