Day20 6 things that makes me happy

My husband would quickly say nothing makes me happy and I enjoy being miserable. Maybe being miserable makes me happy? Anyways here is a list of some of my favourite things. I will stop myself singing and dancing around the living room.

1. I love reading. I read everything and anything. I'm an introvert so I like nothing less than snuggling up on the sofa reading a good book. I can immerse myself in a new reality. I can experience anything I want to. Who needs to go through the stress of really jumping out of a plane when you can read about someone else doing it.

2. Crochet. There has been research to show crochet and knitting can relax you and improve your mood. There you have it, crochet is scientifically proven to make you happier. There was even a research study which showed crocheting octopi for premature babies helped calm them. The tentacles resembled the umbilical cord. So you see, crochet helps premature babies and what can make you happier than that?

3. Speaking to patients and relatives. I love talking to people in my work. I am extremely introverted but strangely when I'm at work I am able to talk to anyone. I have no idea why, but wonder if it is because I have a reason to talk to people and I have a purpose. Obviously small talk is not my forte but give me a reason to chat to someone and I'm fine. The number of amazing people I have had the honour to meet during my career, especially working in rare diseases and cancer studies. I am often humbled by how altruistic people are. How often overheard people say, I don't care if it doesn't help me, but if it can help someone that's all I ask. Finding out peoples stories and feeling in some small way I have become a part of it is a fantastic feeling.

4. Friends and family. When I'm feeling down, I can always guarantee my friends or family will make me feel better. I may not want to feel better at the time, but I'm eventually grateful. I may go to work feeling overwhelmed, and dreading the worst. Then my friends are there making the day fun and bearable.

5. My children. Most times they drive me round the bend, but there are so many occasions when they make me smile. The daft things they come out with. The unconditional love they show me every day. My youngest Alyssa will tell me every day I am beautiful. How lovely is that? She most definitely needs to see an optician but nevertheless it is lovely.

6. My husband. Even though he never reads my blog, I thought I should include him. It is for a very odd reason though. My husband manages to make me put things into perspective. Before I met him, I though I was pessimistic. Now I know I am not. I used to think I moaned a lot, and now I realise I don't. So he does help.

I am not a very expressionate person so people might not always realise I'm happy. Inside my head there are fireworks going off, it's just externally I show hardly anything. I smile though all The time. Don't try to surprise me though or expect any excitement. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts