Day 28 5 words that describe a nurse

It really depends on what nursevyou are describing. We come in all different forms with different attributes. It is what makes us work so well together as we can compliment each other.
I will there's use 5 words which describes myself as a nurse.

Compassionate. I disagree with many in that I don't think you can learn this trait. You are either compassionate or you aren't. I often put others before myself as this is just who I am. I am naturally empathetic and believe this helps me relate to people.

Problem solving. In research I solve many problems day to day. There is always a solution, it is just finding it.

Autonomous. This may not be a word to describe all nurses, but I have worked autonomously for many years now. This doesn't mean I do not work in collaboration with others or part of a team, but I manage my own work load. I don't wait for other people to tell me what to do in my working day. I make decisions within my sphere of expertise.

Determined. If I put my mind to doing something I keep on until I succeed. I may have to take an hiatus every so often but I always get there in the end.

Rebel. I have a little bit of rebel in me. This isn't a bad thing. It allows me to question things and not always believe things are right because I have been told they are. I've always been like this. Some people could say I'm not good at trusting people, but it's more about making my own mind up and not just blindly following others. They say a good nurse knows how to rock the boat just enough to send ripples of change out, but not enough to capsize it. I guess this is why I like research. I question whether our current practice is the best or if there is something better out there. I also know to not believe something just because I'm told it is but to critically analyse everything.

Those are my 5. There are so many I could have used and I decided to go with positive ones which is amazing considering my pessimistic outlook. I guess I'm really a pessimistic optimist, I look for all the things that can go wrong so I can ensure they work out and have a positive outcome. I think that's a better way to be rather than just hoping for the best. You need to work at optimism.

Comments

Popular Posts