Day 3 challenge, favourite nurse quote

Hi all. There are so many lovely quotes out there and I couldn't pick just one. Here are my two favourites.


SOMETIMES I INSPIRE MY PATIENTS; MORE OFTEN THEY INSPIRE ME.
Unknown author

I have chosen this quote because as a nurse I am just as affected by all the patients I have met on my nursing journey, and I hope they have made me a better nurse. I learn so much by seeing how people go through adversaries.  The compassion, caring, and love I see from family members makes me feel proud. I feel honoured to be part of someone's life and to hope I make a difference however small.

The next is by one of the writers who INSPIRE me.

They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou

This quote again epitomizes the very nature of a nurse. We do not need to be remembered by name, just knowing I have made a difference is more than enough. We so often can make a difference to how someone experienced their care. I want everyone to feel like they were provided the best care and that I did my very best.

Hope you like the quotes I have chosen.

Comments

  1. I love your first quote!! How true is it that we learn from each and every one of our patients. It's truly a gift that allows us to be better at our practice, and therefor be better for the next patient that comes our way. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia, I couldn't agree more. As long as we keep learning, improving, and becoming better nurses all will be good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts